Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

Notts County Ladies 7-0 Appleby Frod Ladies

Sunday 14th October 2012 - Church Lane, Linby : kick off 2.05pm

Received a text from Rob Waite, inviting me to spend my Sunday afternoon at Church Lane, Linby, to watch  Notts County Ladies take on Appleby Frodingham Ladies.

Normally I wouldn't have bothered, but if Rob, Adam Barlow and Mick Cooke can make the effort to travel  from Retford, it would have been impolite not to take up the invitation - after all the ground is a simple 5 minute drive for me.


Not too sure what to expect, so I went with an open mind.  Conclusion after 90 minutes? The game wasn't  very good - Notts were the obviously better team, as the score suggests, but Appleby were poor and I don't think I'll be bothering again.

County's no. 9 scored four - their no.5, no. 7 and no. 10 hit the others.  If I can be bothered I'll grab the scorers names from the Notts website, or the Full-Time league site.

One point worth a mention :  the Referee. Obviously did his best, but he wasn't in the best of condition, and you have to wonder what level they have to be at this sort of level.

He actually called the teams together after the 20 minute half time break (?), and gave them a lecture! Apparently it was to do with over aggressive shouting of names!  Blimey - he must have had a headache or something..... Most surprising thing was the coaches never questioned what the man was doing.  Players are usually encouraged to shout and shout loud - a quiet team is never a good thing.  F-T 7-0

the66pow report - if only I cared as much !!!

Attendance 19